Family Based
3 Employment Based Visas

Employment based visas

There are various employment-based visas available for persons  desiring to work and reside in the U.S. There are five major employment-based visa preference categories available under current U.S. immigration laws that allow an employer to sponsor an alien worker to meet an employment need. These employment-based preference categories  apply to the following:

  • Foreign National of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers, and Multinational Executives and Managers
  • Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability
  • Professional, Skilled, and Other Workers
  • Certain Special Immigrants
  • Persons Who Invest Significant Funds in the U.S. (in either a New Commercial Enterprise or Regional Center) and Create at Least Ten Jobs for U.S. Workers


In addition, various nonimmigrant visas are available for employers wishing to sponsor a  foreign worker to meet a temporary employment need. We specialize in handling the following types of nonimmigrant employment visas:


-H-1B (Applies to Persons Belonging to Specialty Occupations)

-L-1 (Intracompany Transferees)

-E-2 (Treaty Investors)


Our firm has eighteen years of experience helping employers effectively and timely prepare employment-based visa petitions for alien beneficiaries who fall under the various employment-based preference categories. We mainly specialize in preparing employment-based petitions requiring foreign labor certifications.



Contact Us Today 

At the Law Office of Jonathan Chin, we have the experience and knowledge to assist employers in applying for various types of employment-based visas to satisfy their employment needs. For more information on what we can do to help you, please contact us today for a free initial consultation.

Get In Touch